PRESS RELEASE: December 4th, 2020
REVITALIZE SIGNS ON MORE INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED ARTISTS
Revitalize, the coolest little festival in New Zealand, is getting bigger by the day. As the countdown to January 1st start date begins, we have signed on five big name stand-up comedy acts, plus other new groups.
As more talent comes on board, our prices will go up, so we cannot guarantee the current low prices will last all month.
Our three internationally acclaimed feature artists are:
- Acoustic Soul (and beyond) legend, Paul Ubana Jones
- The fabulous, contemporary rock group, Julian Temple Band
- One-time World Best Selling Author the Wonky Donkey Man aka Craig Smith. Plus, Craig Smith will also bring us songs from his latest acoustic guitar album 25°South for his older fans.
In addition, we have no less than five seriously funny stand-up comedians:
- Dan Brader
- Kevin Passman
- Vasu Premkumar
- Jamie Patterson
- And all the way from Scotland, Gary Sansome.
Our comedians have both material for families that children can appreciate, and mature audiences during the Saturday night Concert.
We are on the verge of signing up new names, including a top international recording artist.
- The exact programme is subject to change, but will be something along the lines of:
Day 1 – 3pm start: setting up camp, Singer/Songwriter workshops, healing technique workshops & sessions, EV cars/bikes/UTVs, The Wonky Donkey Man, and farm walks.
Day 1 – evening: We are hosting an Open Mic Night with the Stars, where budding musicians can test their work on stage to the audience with help from our major talent artists.
Day 2 – Morning: Meditation and Braingym, Yoga Nidra, Farm Walks and Organic Farming Techniques Talk, The Wonky Donkey Man, How Farmers Can Successfully Adopt Electric Vehicles: cars/bikes/UTVs – with the latest 4WD UTVs available in NZ, coffee and food trucks, animal displays.
Day 2 – Afternoon: Singer Songwriter Workshops, Stand-up Comedy Workshops, The Wonky Donkey Man entertaining the kids, yoga, reiki, ayurvedic consultations, weaving (TBC), organic food trucks, Under 5’s playpen, children’s tree swing, teen farm walks, drone display
Day 2 – Evening: A full concert on the raised stage, with all our stars entertaining us until 9:30pm
Day 3 – morning: Similar to day 2 morning plus more healing sessions.
Day 3 – Afternoon: Breathwork and captivating Cacao Closing Ceremony (TBC). Event closes 3pm
Particularly topical is our range of electric vehicles, as it has been reported many times by news agencies that EVs are no good for farmers. We aim to show how our organic farm has successfully been using EVs for a few years now. We will have a dealer from Invercargill and several EV owners on hand to talk about suitable vehicles and what it’s like to own EVs.
We encourage any out of towners to explore the local area, travel down the Southern Scenic Route to Invercargill and beyond, head up to the Otago Lakes District, or finish their holiday visiting the Fiordland National Park. Indeed, we expect many people will add the festival on to their New Year’s Eve celebrations in Queenstown and Wanaka, etc.
The majority of festival-goers, we are sure, will be locals. Many of these attended last year and were talking about it for weeks after.
We urge people to buy their tickets before the event. Early Bird specials are available until December 11th from Eventfinda.co.nz (by searching for Revitalize Festival). Or go to our website for more information www.revitalize.nz
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT REVITALIZE
- Revitalize is an intimately small 3-day festival situated beneath the stunning scenic beauty of the Takitimu mountains in Southland on the edge of Fiordland national park. In its second year, the next Revitalize festival focuses on revitalizing music, healing therapies, and sustainable living for a refreshing start to a new and better year.
- Revitalize is the brainchild of the Gow family who have been farming the 469 Ha (1150 acres) land since 1937. For the last 31 years, they have been Biogro certified organic, and no longer use pesticides, fertilisers, animal vaccines, dip or drench. They have bred two new breeds of meat animal: Shire Hair sheep and Tufty cattle – both highly sought after by chefs for the fine-grained, great-tasting meat.
- The venue is on a working Organic stud farm situated on the Southern Scenic Route in Blackmount. Mangapiri Downs OrganicStud Farm® 2576 Clifden Blackmount Road, Blackmount, Southland 9682. The closest major towns being Otautau and Te Anau.
- Camping will be available at $10/day or there are several lodges in the area, including Borland Lodge which is a 15-minute drive.
- Five comedians have confirmed, three of whom are internationally acclaimed stars.
- Gary Sansome, a Scottish comic from UK. His accent is so thick, he’s funny just hearing his voice. Gary has performed across the globe at some of the biggest Comedy Clubs in the UK, Ireland North America, Australia, and Mainland Europe. (will attach a very rough bio for more info)
- Kevin Passman, who was born and raised in the swamps of Louisiana, USA, but lives in NZ now. He has a style that combines brutally funny observational material, free-wheeling, wildly raw storytelling, and moments of inspired off-the-cuff improvisation that can go anywhere.
- Daniel Brader, “Known for his morally-questionable storytelling, Dan has a way of making your own wild stories seem tame by comparison.” – quote from Busselton Mail.
- Vasu Premkar, a charming, and incredibly likeable comic who is one of Christchurch’s rising comedy stars.
- Jamie Patterson Catch him at the beginning of his career because this comic is going somewhere. Grand finalist at NZ’s Raw Comedy Quest, Jamie is currently touring with his solo “Awokening.”
- Disclaimer: all items subject to change and are COVID-19 rules dependent.
- Revitalize is also on both Facebook and Instagram where the latest updates and news are posted first: @Revitalize_Festival