MANGAPIRI DOWNS ORGANIC STUD FARM®
Celebrating 31 years of organic sheep & cattle farming under the Takitimu mountains in Blackmount, Western Southland, on the edge of Fiordland National Park. You’ll find Mangapiri Downs OrganicStud Farm on a scenic tarsealed road between Manapouri and Tuatapere.
2576 Clifden Blackmount Road, Blackmount, 9682
We are the following times and distances from nearby towns
- Otautau: just under 40 minutes, 53km via Otautau Tuatapere Road
- Tuatapere: 30 minutes, heading north along SH99
- Manapouri: 30 minutes, 40 km to the south
- Te Anau: 45 minutes,43 km heading south
- Invercargill airport: 1hour 10 minutes, 107km North-West via Otautau. Otautau is a good stopping point for lunch or a break.
- Queenstown Airport: 2 hours 10 mins, 185 km in a south-westerly direction
- Dunedin: 3.5 hours approx.
On arrival to the car park, walk to the entrance gate at the Revitalize Gazebo with your ticket and sign in for the event. Make sure to sign in for COVID as well as collecting your lanyard.
It was a unique idea to combine an electric vehicle roadshow, a blues concert and anniversary celebrations for an organic sheep and beef farm all into one fun day out on the farm.
In 2019, Mangapiri Downs Organic Stud Farm near Otautau hosted an all-day festival bringing together a concert from folk and blues artists Paul Ubana Jones and Southland’s own Lachie Hayes.
Inspired by the event and the good feedback received, we are now trying to make the festival an annual event. Please come along to support!